What do you mean by that?

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Heeerrrrs Norma!

I have been anticipatuing this patient's arrival for sometime. She is my first Spanish speaking onlt patient and I have pondered on how I might converse with her without Lillie's help (she can't be there all the time). I found a good web site that translates english to espanol (and alot of other languages) I managed to quickly put together a powerpoint OHI show and brought in my lap top. Lilly helped me tweek the show (technical language that doesn't translate well) and I was off to the races. The powerpoint went well as did using the translator, but my probing/scaling technique was way off and I couldn't seem to get anything right. She is a class three and I think I still feel rushed to get it done fast rather than right. Once I get the minimum requirements done I will then feel that I can ask for one on one help with my technique. Anyway, Norma (bless her heart) is rescheduled for 3/28 and may need anesthesia for completion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home